2021 Appreciation Campaigns
“We Intervene” is devoted to appreciating and raising awareness of the amazing K-12 Student Support Staff impacting the lives of students and their families. We also acknowledge their supervisors!
An Appreciation Campaign is a way to nominate, showcase, and appreciate the student support staff in your school community. Individuals who are nominated will be displayed on this website and their community of students, friends, colleagues and other people can appreciate them with words, donations, or both.
The 2021 Appreciation Campaign website is an extension of the work we have done for the past 5 years in Celebrating School Counselors. You can see last year’s site here.
For 2021, we will have two types of Appreciation Campaigns:
- Public Campaign, anyone can opt into the campaign and take part in the celebratory event
- School District Campaign, this campaign is done in partnership with a district. The school district will have its own appreciation site and a private virtual event for their staff.
And for both, We will be partnering with numerous organizations and stakeholders to appreciate and acknowledge the work of Student Support Staff and those who lead them in the K-12 school systems in New York City and nationwide.
- Assistant Principals Week: April 5 - 9, 2021
- We will open up the nomination forms on March 20, 2021.
- More information on the day: here
- The virtual celebratory event will be on April 2, 2021 @ 12 pm EST
We will support Parent Coordinators, Family Liaisons, and those in similar roles.
More information forthcoming.
This will be our 6th Year Celebrating and Acknowledging the work of School Counselors
- Nomination Period Ends: 1/28/21
- Social Media Campaign Runs: 2/1 - 2/5
- School District Campaign Runs: TBD with district
- Virtual Kickoff Event for National School Counselors Week: 1/29/21; 12 – 2 pm EST
- School Counselors Week: 2/1 – 2/5
- National School School Worker’s Week: March 7 – 13, 2021
- We will open up the nomination form on February 6, 2021.
- More information on the day: here https://nyssswa.org/school-social-work-week/
- The virtual kickoff event will be on Friday, March 5, 2021 @ 12 pm EST
Support with words
We have an appreciation campaign. We take your words and compile them. At the end of the campaign we will return them to the school counselor as a book of encouragement. Please submit your comments under the school counselor of your choice. Your comments will be shared on the site with your permission.
Often, student support staff pay out of pocket for resources for their students. This award is meant to put some money back into their pockets towards a gift of their choice. Your donation also supports our virtual celebratory events and digital gifts. Thank you!
Support our work
We hold celebratory events and workshops to empower, connect, and encourage counselors. Your contribution goes a long way to support our programs.